Supervisors: Prof. John S. Terblanche, Prof. John Hargrove, Prof. Glyn A. Vale
My research interests are in Livestock health and production in general and particularly vector borne diseases such as tsetse transmitted trypanosomiasis. I am interested in understanding the disease transmission dynamics in different habitats especially in recent years and try to estimate through modeling the likely habitats and foci in future.
Project title: Seasonal availability of tsetse in areas where climate change might increase the risk of human trypanosomiasis
- To evaluate the distribution of tsetse flies in different habitats and different seasons.
- To evaluate the host availability and feeding patterns of tsetse flies in different habitats.
- To compare the genotypes of tsetse flies in different Loci of the study area.
- To evaluate the infection rates of tsetse flies in different habitats, hosts and time of year.
- To estimate the distribution of flies when climatic conditions change